Position Title: Manager, Network Security Optimization.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Closing Date: 8th November, 2019.
Manager, Network Security Optimization job opportunity is available at MTN Nigeria for individuals who have an experience in GSM Network operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- To implement, monitor and maintain MTN’s information and technology security standards and architecture, to protect MTN’s information assets
- Achieve business growth, value creation & cost-effectiveness by optimizing processes.
- Determine a holistic view of security requirements by evaluating current security operations and requirements; researching Network security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues and preparing cost estimates;
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Analyze user needs and requirements to plan system architecture supporting cybersecurity operations.
- Propose new technologies or procedures that could be used to advance the ability to detect and mitigate malicious activity.
- Serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Participates in special security projects such as RFP, RFQ, etc. as required.
- Diagnose and resolve common network security related problems
- Periodic review of Security Operations procedures
- Investigate and resolve security incidents
- Perform Problem, Change, and Release & Configuration Management as it pertains to Network security.
- Advising management on emerging vulnerabilities.
- Develop and update security metrics for framework maturity, security posture governance, and reporting
- Perform Network security engineering activities for deployment of new enterprise cyber security technologies
- Analyze logs and reports and interprets the implications. Participates in investigations into problematic activity and assists with plans for appropriate resolution
- Collect and disseminate actionable threat intelligence
- Manage the development of security architectural and development standards for all Network components (Radio, Core, IP, etc…).
- Making sure that network segments, network security elements such as firewalls and anti-DDoS, Load balancers, IPS, SS7,VPN, Two Factor auth, TACASS, WAF, syslog etc. are designed and implemented optimally to secure MTN infrastructure perimeter, data centers and entry points
- Determine a holistic view of security requirements by evaluating current security operations and requirements; researching network security standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues and preparing cost estimates
- Ensure a standardized and aligned approach driven from Group Information Security for security architecture across MTN including OPCO’s.
- Integration of designs to enterprise solutions such as response, monitoring, authentication, compliance etc.
- Provide periodic feedback to management about IP Network Security programs.
- Support the implementation of local and Group wide procedures, processes and awareness, security measures as well as other security solutions to ensure the security of all data, networks and new products and services.
- Coordinate the security Incident response for the organization
- Interface with Support Teams (Infrastructure, NWG & Applications) to resolve security vulnerabilities within Enterprise systems and Applications
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Drive Knowledge Management and Best Practice Sharing within own Unit/Department/Division/Enterprise-wide as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- BEng, BTech or Other
- Experience: 6-13 years of experience which includes:
- Experience in GSM Network operations (specifically security)
- Experience in managing and implementing large scale IP Network security projects
- Experience in GSM Network operations, planning , design and capacity management (specifically Security)
- Experience in IP core network technologies of a telecom environment
- Experience in forecasting long term network growth and technology direction
- Experience in designing and implementing organization wide IP Network security architecture and framework
- Advanced working understanding of the information technology and networking environment of a telecom company
- Vulnerability Management / Configuration Management Tools
- Security Information and Event Management Tools
- Identity and access management
- Digital forensics
- Penetration testing
- Relevant GSM / 3G /4G Technical Training (Focusing on Cyber Security)
- Vulnerability Management
- Systems Auditing, Application Security, Firewall Design, Intrusion detection system administration Implementation
- Telecommunications, Network, Application & Data Security, Cyber-defense, SIEM/Syslog technology, Breach Analysis
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS MTN NIGERIA?
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: