6 things to know about the SWAT team:
The Special Weapons and Tactics, SWAT has been chosen to replace the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS in response to the #ENDSARS protests throughout the nation.
The Inspector General of Police has given details about how this new team will be trained and prepared for the job they are about to do.
The are 6 major details:
- Prospective members of the new team will undergo psychological and medication examination to ascertain their fitness and eligibility for the new assignment.
- These members are to commence training at different Police Tactical Training institutions nationwide next week.
- Their training schedules; Police Commands from the South – East and South – South will be trained at the Counter – Terrorism College, Rivers State. Those from the North will be trained at the Police Mobile Force Training College, Nassarawa State. Those from the South – West will be trained at the Police Mobile Phone Training College, Osun State.
- The Inspector General of Police ordered all operatives of the disbanded SARS to report to thethI e zce Headquarters, Abuja for debriefing, psychological and medical examination, training and redeployment.
- The medical operation will be carried out by Police Counselling and Support Unit, PCSU. This is a newly formed Unit which will handle the psychological management, reorientation and training of officers of the Force deployed for tactical and operations and other duties.
- The PCSU will comprise psychiatrists, psychologists, medics, pastors and imams, Public Relations practitioners, Civil Society and other Human Rights groups with relevant qualifications and expertise.
In other words, the same SARS officials will undergo whatever training, and then be redeployed as the so-called SWAT team members.
This is just a change of outfit we are about to see in Nigeria 🇳🇬.
What do you think? Comment below 👇👇